3 Ways to Make Morning Coffee Easier on Your Stomach
1. Hydrate firstSince we expel water through breathing as we’re fast asleep, sipping on H2O once you rise and shine can help your hydration game and maybe even your stomach.
1. Hydrate first“This helps your body rehydrate after a night of sleep, improves digestion, and promotes a healthy metabolism.”
2. Eat *and* drink up“Having a bite of food with your morning cup is probably one of the best ways to avoid digestive distress with coffee, short of avoiding or lessening your intake
LIKE SHARE AND SAVE
2. Eat *and* drink up“By eating a bit of food, you’re helping to absorb some of the stomach acid produced and avoid unpleasant symptoms.”
3. Switch up your brewsNeed some time to acclimate before enjoying a full meal upon waking? If coffee absolutely *must* remain the one item on your morning menu and you’re still hoping to minimize digestive discomfort
3. Switch up your brewsThis could look like “lowering your number of espresso shots from three to two; switching to [low-acid coffees like] dark roast; or opting for drip coffee instead of cold brew